On a somber note, I accidentally stuck myself today. Bummer. In 12 years working with blood, I have never stuck myself. I am not too, too worried, but I will feel better once all of the tests are back re-confirming that all is well. After zoning out for a few, I went on with my day and powered through. No use in me making myself useless for the rest of the day and taking away from anything else I can learn. I did learn what never to do again when doing a paracentesis....that is the big lesson for the day!
Monday, October 5, 2009
SO a lot of things have happened since I have been here. This rotation is great. My preceptor is awesome and very knowledgeable. I have already worked with some great people and saw some amazing things. I got to scrub in on my first c-section last night. Teenager with child number 3. Very difficult c-section, thought baby might not make it....but the strong little girl pulled through!! Got to scrub in on another one today. This one went much smoother. I definitely don't want a c-section! They are brutal! Some people I think are skeptical of me as an outsider, but seem to be fine with me once they see that I am here to help. Everyone is really nice. I am learning a ton!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Sounds like you are getting some FANTASTIC experiences on this rotation in particular, doll! Love hearing what you're up to! Sending you all the best vibes for your own personal health as well.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Meghan