Sunday, September 27, 2009

I miss Blue River....

I had a blast in Blue River, learned a lot, and was really spoiled with a great place to stay and beautiful surroundings. The drive through Montana was absolutely breathtaking.....I was excited!
Then there is Browning......
Here is a rundown of the day so far......7 hour drive...get to the hospital to pick up my keys. Security takes an hour to answer their pages (God forbid they actually needed security in the ER). FINALLY get my keys and am given a map with no street names.......so after wandering somewhat aimlessly I find my detination, start unloading the car. There is a bed in the front room and one in the bedroom. The one in the bedroom has sheets on it that literally lok like someone has shook dirt inside of them....ew. So I decide on the front room....thank godness I brought my own sheets. So I go to take a much needed shower, pull the little thing up ti activate the shower, and it pulls right out! So, I have to take a bath in a tub that I don't want to sit in.

I have decided to give up drinking on this rotation and get back into shape, but after this day, I decide that when I go to the grocery store I am going to get some wine. I go to get groceries and there is almost NO fresh produce. I mean it was limited. So I picked out what I could. AND there was no fresh chicken!!! What?! what kind of grocery store doesn't have chicken. So I reluctantly bought some frozen (partially freezer burned) chicken, some other things including a $4.50 loaf of bread. That's fine. I'll go to Cut Bank later in the week. I finally get home and go to unpack and have a glass of wine and....no opener. That about sums it up.

Later though, one of the nurses from the hospital that shares a hallway with me knocks on my door to ask if I need anything. I ask if she has a bottle opener. She gives me one, and then as we are talking, she procedds to tell me that she is getting over swine flu.

Good times.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers