Thursday, October 29, 2009

Parents do the darndest things......

Like......have sex in the shower in the hospital room where their 6yo is currently residing. Nurse walked in on it. No joke.
Like......wonder what is wrong with their baby when we get meconium tests back from the baby that are positive for meth and pot and opiates.
Like......tell their kid that they are fat because they took steroids during pregnancy.....not because they drink 4 liters of soda a day.
Like.......bring one of their different 6 kids into the ER EVERY NIGHT for something different. Mind you some of thes "kids" are married and have kids of their own. Last night the one daughter thought that she had passed a tape worm. It is a long, crazy story.....and I mean crazy. She doesn't understand why she poops only every 2 weeks, but the tracks all over her arms tell me why (this is the daughter). Oh and mom's other kid needs a note for school so that he can take longer to write in class because his hand cramped up today while writing. No joke. These are dire emergencies people.
I'm sure I will have more to add to this. I have more Peds clinic and ER tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers