Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hoohah...

So I scrubbed in on gyn surgery this morning, and it was a beatuiful thing. Except for the nurse anesthetist, the OR was all women. That was pretty cool. I like the OB/GYN's, they are really good about letting me do stuff. Like today, I have never done an endometrial biopsy.....she was like, "It's easy, I'll walk you through it." Pretty cool. They are the same way during birth, they make sure I get my hand in there and feel what they are feeling. P.S. women.....gyn surgery looks kind of brutal. Avoid it if possible. 5 hours of surgery today and I was going to spend some time in the ER this evening, but I am a disgusting sneezy mess. At least I got some gym time in today. I think I am spiking a fever now though, so I decided to stay in and go to bed early. I want to be ready for tomorrow.
Tomorrow I am scrubbing into some foot surgeries then prenatal clinic in the afternoon. Cool thing is that the anesthetist is going to let me do the intubations tomorrow. I think that I need more practice before my trauma rotation when I will have to do them under pressure. I have only done one under pressure right now. It was fine but a little stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers