Sunday, November 29, 2009

eeewwwwww...

So I officially got puked on last night. Luckily my cat like reflexes allowed me to see what was coming and 1) roll the guy onto his side, and 2) jump out of the way enough that I only got splatter on my shoes and scrubs. It SMELLED! I am so glad that they provide scrubs there. I changed eventually after the trauma was over, but the smell takes a while to leave your nose.

Background on the patient. Young guy...he and his friend hit on a couple of girls at a bar. The girls' guy friends come to their aid and break this guy's face....literally. Open mandible fracture. The kid was wasted. Asked him if he smokes......he says, "cigarettes or weed?" I say, "both". He says, "I smoke a pack a day of cigarettes but I smoke a hell of a lot of weed". Classic. Got to appreciate his honesty. Then I ask him if he drinks. He says "yeah but not a lot." I say, "How much", he says 2 40's 3 times a week"..........and I bet this dumb kid "pours some out for his homies" too. Poor little dumb-ass. I know that kids do stupid things, but I have a feeling that this will not be the last time that we see this guy....or his "bling".....nothing says pimp like a gold pinky ring. This guy doesn't know if he wants to be Tony Soprano or 50 cent........but is leaning the way of 50 I think.

Last night was my first night on nights. I LOVE nights! I love that I don't have to get up so early. I love that it is kind of free-form. I love that I am the one responding to the traumas. I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers